It’s been quite some time since I chatted it up about notable ‘events’ throughout the blogosphere as well as upcoming plans here on BTID. As you may have read last month I am preparing BTID’s 50th monthly mix and I promise you it will be the highlight of your November, other than turkey (or tofurkey if that’s your thing). You can expect that to ‘drop’ on Thursday. Also in the works is a (pants-less?) video profile of the Roanoke music collective, The Magic Twig Community AND possibly a netlabel release from one (or more) of its members. Speaking of BTID Records, some of you have yet to download the latest netlabel releases from Jesse Mills and Deidre & Conor. Pshaw! I am also looking into pressing proper limited-run vinyl for the back catalog. Cross your fingers…
2. And we’ll segue right into the November edition of the Musical Alliance Pact. 34 bands from 34 countries around the world, chosen by 34 homeland bloggers. You’ll see 2 artists from the October MAP on the upcoming BTID mix.
3. Posts are rather infrequent at Harsh Distractions anymore but when words do flow they need to be heeded. Check out the über-sugary Fall mix Stephen posted last week and try to brush that shit off your teef!
4. R.I.P. Little Hits – old news of sorts to some I would gather but this would explain why nothing has popped up in Bloglines lately…
5. Check out 3 exceptional Laundromatinee Sessions from The Thermals, Generationals and Cymbals Eat Guitars. LM is hosted/curated by Dodge from the durable My Old Kentucky Blog (in case you didn’t already know). The video above features the Generationals’ performing ‘Angry Charlie’ from their debut LP Con Law.
6. Download these recent (and recommended!) live shows from NYCTaper:
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart
Cymbals Eat Guitars
Built To Spill and here and here and here. Shazam!